Monday 2 May 2011

My music video

Do check out the video to a beautiful contemporary slow rock song by Full Circle -- 'MAYA' meaning love.
It's a short educational music video that I have made for my media project trying to raise awareness of an issue which we are very familiar with nowadays 'teenage pregnancy' but in our society we choose to ignore the issue.

The video tells a story of a young Nepalese girl who gets pregnant and her hurdles in life after her pregnancy and how her child is everything to her after the baby's arrival as her loved ones choose to neglect and abandon her on a difficult time like that.

The video itself is very average and shot with minimal resources and unprofessional actors as myself playing the part of the mother but anyways I hope the message gets across.

Please do note that I'm not trying to insult our Nepali culture through the video or nor am I encouraging teenage pregnancy but I felt that as we now are living in a very westernised society and we should be open minded about the matters like this.
Through this video I wanted to just explore the penalties of cases like this in our community like being disowned by parent's .e.t.c

Do watch it and leave your thought on it .x


1 comment:

  1. wow well done... it was so touching.. great piece of work to u and ur team..
    P.s. u should be an actress ..Luved ur post on Nepalese Perspective to being skinny
    U go girl..

    ReplyDelete